- How did I get so lucky with my job? It is the best place I could imagine working. I get to be around great people and it already has nurtured my faith. God put me with these people for a reason last year.
- Bad body image is sooo gross. I have dealt with it since technically forever, but specifically it grew worse the last few months. For the most part it didn’t affect me really at all. It has now and lead to ED thoughts so that’s fun. I haven’t let that turn into behaviors and I need to trust that a) this will pass and b) what I see in the mirror is not true.
- The jokes and sarcasm and teasing at work is superb.
- At work: loved, playful, appreciated, supported, needed, wanted, cared for, connected, lighthearted, joyful.
- Frustrated with various things/people/situations. It isn’t terrible, more so annoying.
- Proud of myself. I’ve really done well this summer so far. I’m eating enough,enjoying work, taking time for myself, coping with thoughts and behaviors. It has gone much better than I expected and worried about.
- Tired. My sleep schedule is off still so going to bed anywhere from 12-3am and getting up around 7 most days for a 9am shift, working a 5-7 hr shift, then coming home. Today specifically I tackled the dreaded 6am. I was scheduled 6-12 (everyone else 9-2) but I ended up staying until 1:30 because we had a lot more to service than yesterday. We all love Joni and Friends but it definitely is more work than usual. Perfectly fine because seeing the smiles on their faces is priceless and so so worth it 🙂
- Happy. My mom and family have noticed, I’ve noticed, J has noticed, coworkers have noticed, even those who had no clue about the ED have noticed. I am smiling and laughing and I really truly mean it. You can tell a huge difference from when it was all a facade to hide my misery.
- Yesterday something amazing happened at work. My boss, J, came up and pulled me aside while we were servicing. Her and M, the assistant manager of housekeeping, had talked and they both want me to lead a crew this summer for turns. I beyond excited! For one, this really shows that all of the work I’ve put in is satisfactory. It also proves that I have earned their respect, and trustworthy, and can be an example to my coworkers. Although I try not to determine my success/failure by others’ approval, I feel like this is an acceptable case. Since coming back to work I was hoping and praying I would have this opportunity, but became discouraged when my brother thought all spots had been filled. I’m grateful and I know this will help me grow as a worker and in general too.
- My cat Molly almost caught a chippy (chipmunk). This doesn’t seem like a significant event, but she is by far the dumbest animal ever and can barely catch flies. She had her harness and leash on and sat in front of our bird feeder. A chippy was ahead of her so she attempted to run and grab him but she got stopped by the lead and fell backwards. Cat hunter fail
- Olive currently came and interrupted my late-night blogging by lying on my chest. I don’t mind one bit 🙂
- Lots and lots of slurpee runs because I was deprived forever. And by slurpee I mean not the 7eleven ones since ours closed years ago. Speedway is my preferred but also Wesco because their popcorn is bomb. If you aren’t in the midwest (Speedway) or West Michigan (Wesco) you are seriously missing out.
- So our resident ducks may have done the deed in our pool and it was both hilarious and terrifying all at once ahhhh!
- Today I went 3/4 of the work day with unusually painful feet and blisters from my shoes. Then I realized they were on the wrong feet… #adulting
- I don’t really talk much about what it’s like living where I do, but I’ve recently realized some things that make me glad I do live here.
- We are in a very safe area. Besides one very sad abduction case, the worst crimes in my city are speeding tickets, petty robberies (rarely), and teenagers knocking people’s mailboxes down.
- The breeze from Lake Michigan is heavenly and unique. Holy cow living in GR for only a few weeks of hot weather was gross. There is no wind at all and it just stays muggy and gross all day. Although sometimes the wind can be pretty strong, its much, much nicer than anywhere more inland. Also, we get a temp drop of 5-10 degrees vs GR!
- In my county and within ~half hr of driving we have: 3 state parks, at least 10 city parks, huge stretch of beautiful sand beaches, 2 smaller lakes (although Mona Lake is more of a cesspool), 2 Meijer’s (hallelujah), 11+ Wesco’s, tons of yummy restaurants, a few quality school systems, a mall, nice neighborhoods and communities, Michigan’s Adventure (same owners as Cedar Point), and overall just a great place to be. Sure, there are bad parts but I fully believe the good outweighs bad.
- Beautiful nature – lakes, woods, beach, wildlife (deer, turkeys, the occasional fox, small critters, birds, the unfortunate seagulls, lots and lots of fish).
And that’s a wrap!
Feel free to share any thoughts, feelings, happenings, or ramblings you have had lately 🙂