*written Monday, but didn’t finish/had a billion things going on
It has been forever, or so it feels. I’ve missed blogging so much. I planned to come back to it a thousand times, but now is that time. I will explain everything that’s happened in another post soon.
Today is World Mental Health Day. Whether you struggle with a mental illness or have a good handle on everything, self care and awareness is necessary. Today I have practiced many forms of self care and I can clearly tell a difference. On to what I’ve accomplished today:
- destressed after a rough, long lab by taking a nap
- had lots of yummy fruits
- had all 3 meals and a few snacks
- ate dinner after group because I woke from my nap with too little time to have it otherwise
- watched some Youtube and Netflix (currently on a Private Practice kick!)
- attended ED support group
- shared in ED group (I was voluntold, but still)
- used distraction to quiet maladaptive thoughts and behaviors
- gave myself grace
Today would have been much more sour had I not taken the time to care for my mind and body. These small actions, when combined together, have lifted me up to more growth. It was a really great day, the best in a while when it comes to self care. I yearn for this to be a norm and not happen once a week, month, etc.