First off, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays! I hope that this time is filled with love, joy, friends/family, and goodness. I know that is not always the case, especially for those of you who struggle with an eating disorder or mental health in general. It’s okay if this is a hard time for you. Please, take time for yourself and take care of your needs, even if that means leaving a get-together early, avoiding one completely, or retreating to your room when people are over. Treating yourself well and focusing on your needs is so much more important than pleasing others. Know that you aren’t alone.
I’ve found some very good articles that I think are perfect for this time of year. I hope that these will help you ❤
- How to get through Christmas when you’re recovering from an eating disorder
- 5 Tips for Surviving Christmas With an Eating Disorder
- What to Expect from Christmas When You Have a Mental Illness
- Words of Holiday Hope from the NEDA Community
- 4 Tips for Managing Triggers During the Holidays