I thought this survey would be a fun way for everyone to get to know me a little better 🙂 I haven’t done anything like this is a while, so why not now?
- Who is your hero? This one is kinda hard! I think the two people who inspire me most are McCall Manning Dempsey and Jenni Schaefer. They’re both recovered and do amazing things for eating disorder awareness. Also, they’ve given me hope to one day write my story.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I love Michigan for a billion and one reasons, but I definitely would choose somewhere with a more moderate climate. I absolutely love San Diego just from what I’ve seen in my time at residential, so that would be great.
- What is your biggest fear? Being abandoned by people I love or not being able to have a family one day.
- What is your favorite family vacation? Hands down Ludington. We go there twice a summer and this will be our 18th year. It’s the best.
- What would you change about yourself if you could? This depends on whether you want the ED’s answer or mine, but I think I would want to have more confidence in myself.
- What really makes you angry? I don’t usually have a ton of anger, but I feel anger/hurt when my friends have given up on me due to my mental health.
- What motivates you to work hard? Becoming a nurse one day (actually only 1.5 yrs now!).
- What is your favorite thing about your career? I’m not a nurse yet, but just from clinicals so far I would say how rewarding it is to impact someone’s life in the little and big ways.
- What is your biggest complaint about your job? This time I’ll use my current job as a housekeeper. I can’t stand the people who are completely lazy and don’t listen.
- What is your proudest accomplishment? Getting accepted into the nursing program despite everything that was up against me.
- What is your child’s proudest accomplishment? No child yet, haha
- What is your favorite book to read? I love anything inspirational, memoirs, recovery books, etc.
- What makes you laugh the most? Joking around with friends and also funny animal videos.
- What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? It was Girl’s Night Out while I was at ERC. It was pretty good.
- What did you want to be when you were small? A vet or anything to do with medicine.
- What does your child want to be when he/she grows up? Again, no child
- If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Spend time outside with friends or family and go on an adventure of some sort.
- What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Soccer! I played for 10 years and love to watch the US women’s team.
- Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car? Ride a horse!
- What would you sing at Karaoke night? Uhh, nothing? I can’t sing, but I would do something with a group.
- What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most? Spotify playlist from residential and a couple adult variety local stations.
- Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? I actually don’t mind vacuuming at all since I am constantly doing so at work.
- If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? Yard work because I don’t even know how to work a lawn mower (and I’m slightly terrified of them).
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? That’s a hard one, maybe shrimp, wild rice, and cauliflower? I don’t really have one specific meal I like.
- Who is your favorite author? I’ve read all of Jodi Picoult’s books and enjoy them.
- Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? Em (most often), Emmenem. Not really sure how the second one came about but I kinda love it, haha.
- Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? I really don’t like them. I’m a planner and I need to micromanage everything.
- In the evening, would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read? If I’m alone, read. Otherwise I love playing games with others.
- Would you rather vacation in Alaska or Hawaii, and why? Hawaii! I don’t do well with cold and it sounds amazing to explore the islands.
- If money was no object, what would you do all day? I would still want to be a nurse, but I think I’d spend more time doing advocacy for EDs/mental health if I wasn’t forced to work full time.
- If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? Hmm, maybe the 80’s. Honestly not sure.
- How would your friends describe you? Caring, sometimes goofy, good listener, “the nurse.”
- What are your hobbies? Reading, blogging of course <3, and I’ll hopefully get back into photography again soon.
- What is the best gift you have been given? Any and all of the gift exchanges with Olivia. She just knows me so well.
- What’s the worst gift you have received? Well, my grandparents would get us stocking gifts for someone 5+ years younger than how old we were, so definitely those.
- Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Yoga!
- List too pet peeves. Chewing (misophonia) and people saying things such as “I’m bad for eating ___.”
- Where do you see yourself in five years? Strong in recovery, working as a NICU nurse, and have at least 1 child.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? Maybe 10?”
- If you were a superhero, what powers would you have? Being able to slow down time would be pretty awesome since I never feel like I have enough of it.
- What would you do if you won the lottery? Put most of it away, buy a sensible car, and pay off school. Nothing would change the fact that I’ll be working as a nurse.
- What form of transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc). If I’m going far, plane, but otherwise driving is fine.
- What’s your favorite zoo animal? I LOVE prairie dogs.
- If you could go back and change one thing, what would it be? Meeting then dating my ex.
- If you could share a meal with any four individuals, living or dead, who would they be? Pretty random, but Michelle Obama, Ellen Degeneres, Jenni Schaefer, and Pastor Mary.
- How many pillows do you sleep with? 2, one normal and then my “husband pillow.”
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep (and why)? 40 some hours because college exam week.
- What’s the tallest building you’ve been at the top of? The Willis tower in Chicago
- Would you rather trade intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? I completely value intelligence more.
- How often do you buy clothes? Mostly around Christmas/my birthday and whenever there are good sales, so maybe once a months a couple things?
- Have you ever had a secret admirer? Nada
- What’s your favorite holiday? I actually love 4th of July because we’re always up in Ludington with some of my favorite people.
- What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done? Dropping out of school halfway through the semester and traveling all the way to the other side of the country to take back my life (aka going to residential the first time).
- What was the last thing you recorded on TV? Grey’s Anatomy and about 5 other shows every week.
- What was the last book you’ve read? Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult.
- What’s your favorite type of foreign food? Mexican!
- Are you a clean or messy person? Generally pretty messy.
- Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life? Kristen Bell, because she’s awesome even if she doesn’t look like me.
- How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? I usually give myself an hour which includes eating, getting dressed, prepping lunch, etc. If needed I can get to class in 10 minutes.
- What kitchen appliance do you use everyday? Blender because smoothies are the best ever.
- What’s your favorite fast food chain? Chik-fil-a but I really don’t eat fast food often.
- What’s your favorite family recipe? My mom’s stromboli.
- Do you love of hate rollercoasters? Love, but only if they don’t go upside down.
- What’s your favorite family tradition? Does Ludington count? (seeing a theme here?).
- What is your favorite childhood memory? Spending the night with other girls for a soccer tournament.
- What’s your favorite movie? She’s the Man, probably.
- How old were you when you learned Santa wasn’t real? How did you find out? I was maybe 6 or 7? I just kinda figured it out on my own, then my aunt confirmed it.
- Is your glass half full or half empty? I would love to say half full, but I waiver back and forth.
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love? Staying with my ex when he did some really terrible things.
- What three items would you take with you on a deserted island? My yoga mat, hammock, and camera.
- What was your favorite subject in school? It’s a toss up between science and math.
- What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten? I’m really picky and non-adventurous, so maybe sodas from different countries? Not too sure.
- Do you collect anything? Shirts from different places I’ve been.
- Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion? Not anything in particular.
- Are you an introvert or extrovert? Introvert!
- Which of the five senses would you say is your strongest? Taste since I’m super sensitive to spices and such.
- Have you ever had a surprise party? (that was an actual surprise) My 16th birthday party I wasn’t at all expecting.
- Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous? Nope.
- What do you do to keep fit? I love yoga.
- Does your family have a “motto” – spoken or unspoken? Nada.
- If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce? Women and men must have equal pay for equal work because Lord knows that isn’t happening here anytime soon.
- Who was your favorite teacher in school and why? My psychology teacher in high school. She is an amazing Christian woman who cares so much.
- What three things do you think of the most each day? I’ll give the non-ED answer, because that’s better to focus on :), so school, blogging some days, and planning?
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say? Warning: contains large amounts of sarcasm, a variety of facial expressions, and some major awkwardness. Will spew out advice and care without warning.
- What song would you say best sums you up? Hmm, right now maybe Rise Up by Andra Day. I’m not quite there yet but this is what I aspire to do
- What celebrity would you like to meet at Starbucks for a cup of coffee? Demi Lovato
- Who was your first crush? I “liked” a boy in 3rdish grade, but my first real crush was a boy I grew up with in Ludington. That lasted from elementary to middle school aha
- What’s the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window? I’ll go with my kitchen at home. We have a ton of birds and critters outside, and sometimes the occasional stray cat.
- On a scale of 1-10 how funny would you say you are? Hmm, maybe a 6? I’m not really sure, but I’m not that funny
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? A mom of 2+ kids, NICU nurse or nurse practitioner, probably still living in Michigan, hopefully in a good place.
- What was your first job? I babysat when I was younger, but my first official job is in housekeeping.
- If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? Oh gosh I am a terrible singer and not musical at all. Maybe a backup singer for someone like Pink, Kelly Clarkston, Demi Lovato, etc
- How many languages do you speak? Only English and some Spanish. I took an entire year of Spanish but I completely forgot 80% of it
- What is your favorite family holiday tradition? We don’t really have many, but I love Christmas Eve candlelight services at church.
- Who is the most intelligent person you know? One of the nurses from residential is so knowledgeable in an incredible amount of subjects. She may not be some brilliant biochemist or something, but just talking with her you can see how much she has learned/experience/etc.
- If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be? I love this question!! I would specifically be Seemore Antonio the San Diego Snail. He had the top of his shell cracked like he was stepped on, but it grew back and he kept living despite it. I definitely have been broken but I am healing and slowly moving forward.
- What is one thing you will never do again? Go on Shivering Timbers rollercoaster. It’s a huge wooden one and the last time I went on it I cut my ear open.
- Who knows you best? Hands down Olivia, my person and best friend ❤
The fact that this ended at 98 bothered me, so I added these two:
99. What is one accomplishment you had as a child? Okay, honestly I only picked this question because I have the best random story. I had hamsters growing up and our petstore held hamster ball derbies every year or so. My hamster beat everyone, including this 30 something, insanely competitive woman with 4 different hamsters ever. Thatt was such a proud moment.
100. What was your least favorite vacation? One specific trip up to Traverse City. We went up every year or two to vineyards and such. This one involved my ex boyfriend and it was just generally borind, long, and blah.
Congrats if you made it this far, haha! I hope you enjoyed reading and learning a bit more about me 🙂
3 thoughts on “Get to know me!”
love☺️💙. i’ve met jenni shaffer too! while i was at center for change in utah! AND i’d also love most to meet demi for coffee😍.
LikeLiked by 1 person
That’s so cool! It was an amazing experience to see her. Demi is just body positive and inspiring and gah I’d love it ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
i love it all toooooo!!!!!!!!💙💙
LikeLiked by 1 person